George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
Style & Design9/10
Safety & Protection10/10
Easy of Use9/10
Value for Money10/10
- Easy to set up
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Faster to heat than other electric grills
- The drip pan is a little too small
- The cord is short
- The drip pan is easily dislodged
Introducing the George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
Grilling doesn’t get much easier than this. If you’re looking for a George Foreman indoor/outdoor grill, we recommend you check out the GGR50B.
The grill is easy to assemble. You can either place it directly on a tabletop or on its pedestal (included in the package). The pedestal is about 2.5 feet high and while quite sturdy, we recommend taking extra care in a high traffic area and around young kids.
After you plug it in, it only takes about ten minutes to fully preheat the grill surface (much quicker than the Weber Q 2400). Take this time to prepare your kebabs and get your meat and veggies or whatever else you plan to grill.
The electric heat has an adjustable range from low (for keeping food warm) to high (for searing steaks).
The high domed and vented lid helps create a circular flow of hot air to ensure even cooking. This is important when cooking a roast or whole chicken.
The nonstick grill surface means it’s not only a healthier way of cooking (you only need a smidge of oil or other fat) but it also makes the cleanup process so much easier. The surface has a subtle slope, with channels that draw accumulated fat or other liquids into a tray just below the surface.
Like its name says, you can use this grill indoors or outdoors. But a word of warning… if you choose to use it indoors, be prepared for possible splatters, steam … and delicious aromas.
Features of the George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
The George Foreman George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill features:
- Easy conversion from outdoor to indoor use
- 240 square inches of cooking surface
- One removable grill plate
- Center channel to drain fat into large grease tray.
- Double nonstick coated plates.
- High dome round lid with an adjustable steam vent
- Adjustable temperature controls.
- Cool touch handles
- Stand is included (20″ x 12″ x 21)
What we love about the George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
Here’s a summary of the best bits about this electric grill:
- Easy assembly
- Fuss-free grilling
- Indoor or outdoor grilling
- The pedestal is included – it stands about 2.5 feet high
- The temperature is adjustable with a range from low to high
- The sloping grate base draws fat away from food to collect in easy-to-empty tray, making your cooking healthier for the whole family
- It’s built to North American Electrical Standards
The not so good things about the George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
Some users have complained about the length of the cord, saying it’s too short. You might need an extension cable if you’re using it outdoors.
Others have found the drip pan to be too small or to be unsecured, with one small knock meaning a LOT more clean up.
The spattering makes some users only use it outdoors, or on hard surfaces indoors that are easy to clean after you’ve finished grilling.
George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill Accessories
- George Foreman GFA0240RDCG Indoor/Outdoor Round Grill Cover
- George Foreman GFSP3T6 Custom Grill Sponge 6-Pack
The final verdict
If you’re thinking about buying an indoor/outdoor electric grill, it’s well-worth considering the George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill. For under $100 (and that includes the stand) it represents fantastic value. We think it’s a better choice than the George Foreman GFO3320GM.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you find this post helpful and click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission from the seller at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting our family 🙂